Price Mechanical, a division of Price Industries Limited, is a manufacturer of Commercial and Industrial Customized Gas Fired and Gas Fired/Cooling Equipment located in both Winnipeg, Manitoba and Dundas, Ontario. Currently, we are seeking to fill the following position at our Egesz Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba location.
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller assists the Controller with the management of overall financial operations of company including providing accurate, timely financial information while maintaining data integrity to assist management with monitoring the business and effective decision-making. The Assistant Controller works with the Controller in directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures reporting to senior management and externally. The Assistant Controller assists with maintaining the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required by the Controller.
Assist Controller with supervision of Financial Analysts:
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations, financial statements and supporting analysis.
- Serve as backup for Financial Analysts completing month ends/year ends as needed.
- Assist Controller with developing Finance staff.
- Review/Prepare non-standard journal entries for Controller review.
- Prepare/manage intercompany reconciliations and adjustments.
- Assist Controller with design and administration of financial statement setup and structure.
- Assist Controller with design and administration of daily dashboard/scorecard reporting and analysis.
- Draft monthly, quarterly and YTD financial statement commentary in conjunction with Financial Analysts for Controller review and Approval.
- Oversee payroll accounting.
- Assist Controller with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial packages for senior management.
- Consolidate financial statements including intercompany elimination journal entries.
- Assist Controller with overseeing inventory control function at each site.
- Assist Controller with formalization and maintenance of financial policies and procedures.
- Manage daily cash flow and review/prepare banking compliance reports for Controller approval.
- Assist Controller with bank financing requests and renewals.
- Assist Controller with insurance requirements and renewals.
- Assist Controller with managing continuous improvement in Finance Department processes including ensuring process documents exist and are up-to-date for month end and each functional area.
- Administer corporate credit card programs.
- Assist Controller with managing and completing the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasting.
- Assist Controller with managing inventory control function and inventory counts.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to internal controls and financial and operational processes.
- Assist Controller with planning and setting priorities for the Finance Group.
- Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements.
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff.
- Assist Financial Analysts with reconciling operational metrics to financial statements and to the general ledger.
- Assist Controller and work with Business Systems Group to develop analysis and reporting.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- University degree in Business/Accounting combined with a CA, CGA, CMA designation with five years post designation experience or at least 10 years of accounting experience with a minimum five years’ of month end experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and especially Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP systems—experience with Syteline 8 a definite asset.
- Experience with standard costing environment a definite asset.
- Systems savvy with experience in multiple accounting systems.
- Experience with financial statement consolidation is an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and municipal tax legislation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Working knowledge of payroll accounting.
Should this opportunity interest you, please submit your resume, including salary expectations and quoting competition #13-151, to:
Human Resources Advisor
Price Industries Ltd.
404 Egesz Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2R 1X5
Fax: (204) 694-7280
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Competition Number: 13-151