Price RFDD floor displacement diffusers
are ideal for use where low induction floor
level flow is required. The diffuser slots
discharge air in a displacement manner,
horizontally across the floor, where it is
drawn to heat loads and transports heat
and contaminants up to the return grilles
in the ceiling.
Price ARFHD floor displacement diffusers,
are used where low mixing, horizontal flow
is required. The diffuser slots discharge air in
a displacement manner, horizontally across
the floor, where it can absorb the heat load
and rise to the return grilles in the ceiling.
These diffusers create a horizontal flow
using narrow slots arranged in a star pattern
with a perforated section in the center to
resist induction of room air. This generates
a low turbulence flow with low velocities
to minimize draft when located near seated
occupants. This low level discharge is ideal
for supplying cool air across the floor of
the room and allowing it to rise as the heat
load from people and electrical equipment
is absorbed. The 8" (200 mm) diameter
diffusers can be placed within 24" (610 mm)
of a seated occupant while maintaining a
draft rate of less than 10% according to
- Fire rated engineered polymer (RFDD) meets NFPA90A requirements.
- Aluminum core and ring (ARFHD).
- Optional variable air volume basket (DBV) for non-ducted VAV applications.
- Core is ready for installation in stepped bore installation. Optional ring press fit and ring law allow for insertion in through-bore floor tiles.
- Complete range of accessory baskets, dampers, fasteners, etc.
- Discharge air volume is adjustable at the diffuser face without removing diffuser from the floor. Minimum air flow is adjustable from 0% to 50% of maximum air flow.
- Diffuser face has positive interlock, reducing the potential for accidental adjustment of diffusers.
- RFDD - Dusty Gray or Black
- ARFDD - Aluminum