Electric coils are an available accessory
for use with Price underfloor booster and
constant volume fan powered terminal
units. The electric coils have been specifically
designed to suit Price fan powered
terminal units. Electric coils are factory
mounted at the discharge outlet of the
Convenient top access door and speed
control is provided specifically for underfloor
Controls for the electric heat are interlocked
and sequenced with the fan in the terminal
unit. The electric heat can be energized only
after the fan is operating.
Benefits of Electric Coils vs Hot Water
Electric coils offer an alternative to hot water
reheat coils as an optional accessory for fan
powered terminal units. Their benefits are:
Features / Benefits of Price
- No need for water lines. Benefits of this
include reduced installation costs and
elimination of potential leaks which can
- Advantage can be taken of the electrical
power supply hookup for the basic fan
powered terminal unit when making
the electrical connection for the electric
coil. (Note: the electrical power supply
conductor size increases when electrical
coil load is added, refer to NEC codes for
- No pressure drop across the coils,
therefore reduced central fan HP
requirements for constant volume fan
powered terminal unit applications.
- Heavy gauge zinc-coated steel electrical
cabinet and frame..
- Large electrical cabinet door hinged for
easy access and designed for secure
- Electric coil controls and fan powered
terminal unit controls are on the same
side of the unit, reducing design
restrictions and providing ease of
- Electric coil configuration and air flow is
matched to eliminate hot spots, providing
efficient heat transfer and maintaining
- Automatic reset thermal cutout is
specifically matched to each unit to
protect from overheating in case the
minimum air flow requirements are not
- Secondary thermal cutout is in the power
circuit and is used as a backup in case of
failure of the automatic reset thermal
- Fan is interlocked with the heating elements to ensure that the fan is
operational prior to the heating elements
- High grade nickel chrome heating
elements provide superior element life
and corrosion resistance.
- A single point connection is provided
for heater and fan motor (except 600v/3Ø
heater comes with 115v/1Ø motor).
- Electric coil units are ETL listed to meet
electrical safety standards and comply
with dual designation CSA 236/UL 1995.
- Interlocking main disconnect which is
used to de-energize the electric reheat
unit once the electrical enclosure
has been opened.
- Mercury contactors recommended for
use in applications sensitive to noise.
Mercury contactors provide quiet
operating characteristics. Recommended
for applications which have frequent
demand and cycle repeatedly.
- Disconnecting contactors for applications
where it is necessary to disconnect
three phase power-up.
- Up to two additional stages of electric
heat available to allow for staged heating
- SCR (silicone controlled rectifier) option provides infinite heater control
using a proportional signal. Element life
is extended and noise from contactors is
eliminated. This option may be specified
compatible with pneumatic, electronic,
or DDC controls. See page I-131 for
description (UL & CSA certified).
- Primary or secondary fusing for added
safety or to meet local electrical codes.