The Price RFTD / ARFTD floor diffuser
creates a twisting air pattern for rapid mixing
using radial slots. This generates a vertical
supply with very high induction due to the
turbulent flow. The high induction entrains
air from the floor level and quickly equalizes
the supply and room air temperatures in the
occupied zone. The discharge mixes within
a turbulent cone in the occupied zone.
The RFTD diffuser can be placed within
24" of an occupant while maintaining a
draft of less than 15 PPD (percent people
dissatisfied) according to ASHRAE 55-2010.
- Fire rated engineered polymer (RFTD)
meets NFPA90A requirements.
- Aluminum core and ring/galvanized
basket (ARFTD) construction.
- One-piece cores with narrow jet slot
openings for safety and attractive
- Patented Zip Clip® mounting ring for
quick, easy and secure mounting.
- Optional variable air volume basket
(DBV) for non-ducted VAV applications.
- Optional duct mounting basket (RBC)
for easy connection to ductwork without
the need to seal anything to the underside
of a floor tile.
- Optional diffuser plenums (RFB) for
ducted and VAV applications.
- Core is ready for installation in steppedbore
in floor tile. Ring press fit and ring
claw mounting ring options allow for
insertion in through-bore floor tiles.
- Locking tabs to eliminate unauthorized
removal of diffuser.
- Discharge air volume is adjustable at
the diffuser face without removing
diffuser from floor. Minimum air flow is
adjustable from 0% to 50% of maximum
air flow (with DBA basket).
- Diffuser face has positive interlock,
reducing potential for accidental
adjustment of diffusers.
- Interchangeable face with RFDD/ARFHD.
- RFTD - Dusty Gray or Black
- ARFTD - Aluminum