Price RFDD/ARFHD floor displacement
diffusers are ideal for use where low
induction, floor level flow is required. The
diffuser slots discharge air in a displacement
manner, horizontally across the floor where
it is drawn to heat loads and transports
heat and contaminants up to the return
grilles in the ceiling, resulting in a stratified
environment. This diffuser provides the
same benefits as the RFTD family, but offers
increased energy savings and improved
indoor air quality due to the increased
These diffusers create a horizontal flow
using narrow slots arranged in a star pattern
with a perforated section in the center to
resist induction of room air. This generates
a low turbulence flow with low velocities
to minimize draft when located near seated
occupants. This low level discharge is ideal
for supplying cool air across the floor of
the room and allowing it to rise as the heat
load from people and electrical equipment
is absorbed. The 8" diameter diffusers can
be placed within 24" of a seated occupant
while maintaining a draft rate of less than
10% according to ASHRAE 55-2010.
- Fire rated engineered polymer (RFDD meets NFPA90A requirements.
- Patented Zip Clip® mounting ring for quick, easy and secure mounting.
- Aluminum core and ring (ARFHD)
- Optional variable air volume basket (DBV) for non-ducted VAV applications.
- Core is ready for installation in steppedbore
installation. Optional ring press
fit and ring claw allow for insertion in
through-bore floor tiles.
- Complete range of accessory baskets,
dampers, fasteners, etc.
- Discharge air volume is adjustable at
the diffuser face without removing
diffuser from floor. Minimum air flow is
adjustable from 0% to 50% of maximum
- Diffuser face has positive interlock,
reducing potential for accidental
adjustment of diffusers.
- Interchangeable face with RFTD/ARFTD.
- RFTD - Dusty Gray or Black
- ARFTD - Aluminum